Betting Shop Manager of the Year final 24 revealed
The final 24 of this year’s Racing Post/SIS Betting Shop Manager of the Year competition have been selected.
The 48 managers who made it through to the latest stage were narrowed down further by the judging panel which assessed a series of mystery shopper reports.
We now have the leading three managers from the eight regions in Britain and Ireland, and these 24 will meet the judges during an informal lunch and day at Doncaster races on Friday, October 26.
The regional champions will be announced on Thursday, November 1 on SIS. The eight regional champions will be crowned alongside the overall winner at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower hotel in London on Monday, November 19, at the final awards lunch.
The winner will receive a VIP trip to one of Singapore’s major meetings next year courtesy of the Singapore Turf Club and will also be invited to several key racing and betting occasions during their year as champion.
- Jamie Crooks, Commercial Road, JenningsBet
- Jason Hoaren, Colindale, JenningsBet
- Amran Ul-Haque, Canary Wharf, Coral
Anglia and south-east
- Luke Catchpole, Biggleswade, Paddy Power
- Gareth Hammonds, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, William Hill
- David Monk, Ipswich, Betfred
South-west and Channel Islands
- Nicholas Savage, Bristol, Betfred
- Ben Shaldon, Exeter, William Hill
- Andrew Tamblyn, Newquay, Coral
Midlands and Wales
- Ainsley Bowstead, Loughbrough, Paddy Power
- Zoe Hayes, Worcester, William Hill
- Jennifer O’Brien, Rugby, Coral
North-west and Isle of Man
- Kevin Gray, Chorley, BetSid
- Stephen Douthart, Kirkby, Paddy Power
- Adam Tantram, Congleton, Coral
- Sascha Drape, Jesmond, Coral
- Siobhan Thomson, Huddersfield, Coral
- Jayne Wilson, Goole, Megabet
- Sandra Hughes, Glasgow, Betfred
- Tom Murphy, Greenock, Paddy Power
- Michael Strain, Glasgow, Ladbrokes
- Lorraine Archibald, Newtownards, Ladbrokes
- Darren Corcoran, Bishopstown, Cork, Ladbrokes
- Tara Noonan, Kilmallock, County Limerick, BoyleSports